Surgery and how we got here...
Last week her back pain came back, I was not sure what to make of it, but this kind of pain often passes with in days of seeing her chiropractor, which she did... but this time it got worse.
Days later it became hard for her to walk, and I took to watching after mother and son. Thursday night I took her to the emergency room because the pain had become to much for us to handle.
After making it to Methodist hospital in Park slope, our doctor quickly got her an emergency MRI, where she found a tumor pressing on her spinal cord. It seems it had been there for years (maybe 10 or 15 years), undetected and slow growing.
Within minutes a neuro surgeon appeared and discuss the severity of the problem. It seems Maisha (Mahesha) and Xavier were very very lucky... If she had givin birth to him vaginally instead of a c-section all hell would have broken lose with this tumor. The reason for this present pain was that it had hemridged the week before, making it hard for her to walk.
So the emergency surgery was prepped for Monday... and as I said, it was a success, but it seems we have a long recovery ahead of us...
It is amazing to me also that the reason my son had a c-section, was that after many weeks in his correct position to give birth, he turned the night before. Making it impossible to get out without a c-section... in essence saving his mother and himself from any complications in birth.
It is amazing how things have changed so quickly, and I am very appreciative to receive all your well wishes and prayers... I needed to feel all of that love... it comforted me to know that all of you were around.
Ill back to you all soon...
all the love...
Dwayne
No comments:
Post a Comment